THE VULGAR SLASHSTROKE WORKSHOP AT BARBICAN.
“ANYTHING FOR THE RIGHT PICTURE”
A SLASHSTROKE WORKSHOP EXPLORING VULGARITY AND THE FASHION IMAGE THROUGH STYLING AND PHOTOGRAPHY. GOT WHAT IT TAKES? GIVE WHAT IT NEEDS.
A live styling and portraiture project exploring the absurd in fashion
Slashstroke studio will guide participants through dress up, posing and being photographed. Their image will then be printed and they can take their “fashion” image away with them.
BARBICAN, Fountain Room Foyers 12pm—4pm, Saturday 21 Jan 2017.
1. Mateusz wears dress by J. Hardwick and beautiful lady wears Hat Noel Stewart and Dress by Melanie Miles.
2. Mum Alison wears top Simran Virk and hat by Noel Stewart, Katarina wears hair piece by Noel Stewart, Livia wears tulle dress by Leanne Croshaw, Dad Mario wears tulle bikini top and Jacket by Laura Wale.
3. Luke Pearson wears red dress by Adam Frost.
4. Leila Lawrence wears Hat by Noel Stewart and dress by Sebastian Owsianka.
5. Kaya Antanaskoui wears Pink tulle dress by Leanne Croshaw.
6. Hannah and Lara Hurd, top by S. Virk, pink stain trousers by Melanie Miles, black dress by Sebastian Owsianka.
7. Otis and Matylde Luako-Kimpton, Little girl wears jumper by Olivia Humphrey hat by Noel Stewart, Mum wears pink frill jacket by Melanie Miles.
8. Freja Boon wears pink graffiti dress.
9. Rowan Reddy wears red dress by Adam Frost.
10. Charlotte Garrett-Gun & Holly Snowden, both wearing hats by Noel Stewart and outfits by Melanie Miles.
11. Lucy wears Quilted top/dress by Sebastian Owsianka.
Special thanks to Fashion Design, Fashion Textiles and Fashion Communication and Styling Departments at Middlesex University, Mateusz Debicki and Luke Pearson.